Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 5 EOC: How Art Has Changed Me



During the film we watched today in class, we watched a character undergo an extreme transformation when she fully embraces her love of art and photography, instead of looking at it as she always had as a hobby.  Art and specifically for me, Audio and music have changed my life in immeasurable ways.  Before I began playing music and recording audio I was very reserved, quiet, and 180 degrees a different person.  I was always one of those kids who never knew what they wanted to do when they grew up. 
Since playing in ensembles and collaborating with fellow artists and engineers, I have broken out of my shell.  I was never able to talk to a crowd, or do a presentation without shutting down or stumbling through my words.  I really don’t think I would be alive today without music, especially during high school.  It is not only my passion but my escape as well, and to have those be the same thing is a huge blessing.  Today, instead of breaking down in front of a crowd I draw them in, and instead of being nervous before a performance or a take, I’m filled with the greatest excitement that helps me and the audience achieves a higher level of enjoyment.  I would not know nearly as many people or be driven to see, experience, and interact with the world without art.  It allows me to express my creative vision and share it with the world, and because of the modern world we live in it is increasingly easy to find new audiences and potential business associates from all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment