Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 7 EOC: Tell Me About Your Career Goals



Since entering the Audio Profession, I’ve always had a set of career goals that I’ve been aiming for.  I began studying audio production in the hopes that I could use my skills to further my band’s sound and to help get us noticed by the right people. While this is not inherently important to my career as an audio producer, it is what my first focus has been on for nearly the past decade.  My most recent career goals that I’ve achieved would include setting up and running the audio for a live acoustic performance by Smashing Pumpkins, getting top marks and recommendations at my internship with Studio Center, and learning how to master music and post production work in stereo or in 5.1 surround sound.  My current goal is to further network myself in the audio community by doing some larger named productions, preferably with film or with a top tier local band or artist. In this industry it’s all about who you know, so gaining myself the opportunity to work with people at my skill level or higher can help me learn greatly about my field.  Not only that, but getting to work with talent that needs exposure, and properly helping them gain that exposure will help me have professional credibility and I’ll be gaining a positive reputation from these types of encounters.  By doing these things they will not only help me grow as an audio producer, but as a person as well.  These are the two key factors I’ll be using when I’m on the hunt for my next and future job opportunities and when reaching out in the social network.

No comments:

Post a Comment