Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Week 6 EOC: Seduction of the Online Web Surfer

1. The first most important thing that's needed to keep a surfer from clicking away from my website is to have something engaging on the very first page.  For my website I have a small slide show that plays and showcases a little bit of the work that I've done in pictures.  The high quality of the pictures will engage the viewer to at least click through those images before deciding whether or not to move on.

2. Having my active twitter feed on each page of the site shows that I'm active in my field and that I use my twitter to not only promote myself, but other aspects of the audio field.  Having that on the front page immediately gives the web surfer more than one thing to look at on a page, all without scrolling down.

3. Having a quick link on the home page to go directly to my demo reel is another aspect that can lure a surfer deeper into my website.  If they're intrigued enough to watch the slideshow and check out the twitter feed, they may not want to navigate through a bunch of different screens to find my demo reel.  So, having an active button right on the home page, and possibly every other page as well. Having the reel somewhere easy to access like a button link or a picture of it would be another great way to keep viewers on my website.

4. Having a nice looking and well formatted website is, of course, very important in attracting immediate attention.  A nice color scheme that is eye catching but not painful to look at for too long is also something to keep in mind.  Having a dull, boring looking website will be the first thing to cause people to run away from your website.  Matching colors, fonts, and formats shows that you took the time to really make the website something to be proud of, and people notice those sort of details.

5. Having a very short synopsis on my page of what i do as far as mixing recording and mastering gives a little tease to my artist statement and my resume, and since I'll be using my own voice when writing these pieces website viewers will get a small taste of my personality, and my passion for my work.  These short little summaries, 3-5 sentences, will leave just enough to the imagination to get them enticed enough to visit the rest of my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment